Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sometimes I wonder if my life is just one big practical joke. This one isn't that funny.

Emma started with a runny nose on Monday. No biggie. Wednesday, Nick leaves for work. He just barley got out of our development and gets a flat tire. The jack broke and the car fell. Finally with my brothers help they get the car back to our house. He leaves for work in my car. One his way home he always stops to get the mail, which is at the other end of our street. My car broke down at the end of our street. Who has two cars that break down on the same day... And why is this not the first time this has happened? (that story is for another day)

Wednesday night, Emma started to get really sick. Coughing, runny nose, and a lot of crying. She somehow also managed to bang her head on the fireplace. We called her doctor to see if we should wait until the morning. He said to take her to the after ours pediatrician a few towns over. No problem right? Well we have no cars. I call my brother, who happens to live down the street to see if we could borrow their car. No answer. Luckily my mom was home. She came out and stayed at the house while we used her car. I am so happy that we went last night. Emma has a double ear infection and we were able to start her on antibiotics last night. She seems happy today.

To top it all off, I went to use the microwave and it broke. Story of my life. Where is that money tree?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That is some serious bad luck! Poor Emma, she is such a cutie. It must be hard having an ear infection in each ear. I hope your luck turns around! I know i couldn't live without my car, or definitely not the microwave! :)

Stacey said...

Wow, that's some bad luck. Hope things going better soon!

Monika said...

Oh geez. I'll bet you just wanted to start that day over again?!

Anonymous said...

Blah!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

=(